Alexandria, Virginia New Homes,
Townhomes, Condominiums and Home Builders
Alexandria VA New Homes, Townhomes, Condos for Sale
Builders Realty Council is dedicated to representing buyers of new homes in Alexandria, VA. From search to settlement, unbiased independent counsel is provided for consumers interested in building new homes in the Alexandria, Virginia area. The Council offers a “behind the scenes” look at the local homebuilding industry assisting clients to locate, negotiate, build, inspect and settle their new homes. Brokerage Services are Free of Charge and can save thousands with special offers and 1% Cash Back* in cooperation with JD Power and Associates award winning First Horizon Home Loans.:
About New Homes in Alexandria, Va – Townhomes, Condominiums and Builders in Alexandria, Virginia
Alexandria New Home
Alexandria, Virginia has always been a great place to invest in housing. From 225 year old colonial townhomes in Old Town to the eclectic neighborhoods of Rosemont and Del Ray including new homes in Cameron Station, real estate appreciation in Alexandria is one of the strongest in the Washington metropolitan area. New single family homes, townhomes and condominiums in Old Town Alexandria are a rarity. Built from time to time pending availability of infill sites, they usually command lofty premiums. Despite the higher cost of living in Old Town, the reminiscence of 18th century colonial architecture with its boutiques, cafes and Potomac River views, makes this location a residential favorite. Best of all, it is located just a few miles south of Washington D.C.
Alexandria New Home
Alexandria Virginia is one of America’s first townships and one of the metropolitan areas most sought after residential communities, second only to the District’s Georgetown. The Old Town lifestyle is more peaceful and reserved than Georgetown’s “hustle bustle” pace. Be prepared for “aticker shock” in either location as prices are high relative to the Immediate surrounding areas. Some homes are worth well over one million dollars while contiguous small townhomes in disrepair may be in the $575,000 range. Old Town, Alexandria with its 250 year history is a great American colonial town ranked one of the top Big Cities for Doing Business, one of the Best Cities for Career Women and has also received the coveted League of Cities Innovation Award for Outstanding Community Building. Despite the high demand for new homes in this area, opportunities are very limited propelling resale property valuations while boosting new homebuilding activity down interstate I-95.
In the appreciation arena, Alexandria’s investment prize has gone to those who have invested in the 22314 zip code. This parcel extends from Old Town to the area nested between the Metro rails and the Potomac River including the eastern Duke Street region.
The 165 acre Cameron Station community developed by Greenvest in cooperation with several residential building companies has been a new home sales bonanza from 2000 to 2008. Cameron Station is beautifully developed with the classic architectural styles of the 18th and 19th centuries creating the ambiance of a quaint colonial neighborhood in a park like setting convenient to Metrorail. Cameron Station is almost fully developed. Homebuilder K. Hovnanian is currently selling stylish new condominiums priced from the 300’s to 400’s, but will be sold-out soon.
Homebuyers searching for new townhomes and new homes in Alexandria, Va should visit the Stanley Martin Communities at Beauregard Station from the low $500’s or Bell Manor III from the low $800’s. Stanley Martin has a fine reputation offering award winning new townhomes in Alexandria, VA with innovative floor plans, top notch construction standards and superior customer service when compared to other Northern Virginia home builders.
Alexandria New Home
Considering the limited supply and higher prices of new and resale homes in Alexandria, new home construction has boomed southward beyond Springfield and Woodbridge. As one ventures south on Interstate 95, affordable new homes on larger homesites are available in good supply. The new (Virginia Railway Express)
with its direct train access to Washington, offers Prince William County residents a welcome relief. Builders Realty Council advises new homebuyers choosing to live near Old Town Alexandria to consider researching both new homes and resale properties in this location.
For housing budgets not comfortable with Arlington, Alexandria and Fairfax new home prices, attractive new homebuilding opportunities abound all the way down to Fredericksburg, Virginia. New homes in Prince William County were appreciating better than many other areas near our nation’s capital, but have moderated due to greater “Short Sale” and foreclosure activity the area has been experiencing in 2008 and 2009. However, the opportunity to build a large new home on a nice size homesite at a more reasonable price is available for those who invest in new homes in Prince William County vs Alexandria or Fairfax County.
Homebuyers interested in a list of “Short-Sales” and Alexandria foreclosures can contact the Council and it will be provided. However, these homes are often in disrepair and consumers should be aware that only 18% of “Short-Sales” are approved. Most homebuyers end-up wasting valuble time and undergo a fair amout of stress dealing with multiple contract presentations and lenders who are often not cooperative. With the incentives being offered by Northern Virgina homebuilders inclusive of upgrades, generous closing costs and ten year warranties, negotiating for new townhomes in Alexandria, VA or new condos in Alexandria Virginia may be a better deal.
New townhomes in Alexandria, VA, on average (excluding Old Town Alexandria) are less expensive than neighboring Arlington where land is at even more of a premium. New homes in Arlington as a market whole have held their value better than any other region in the Washington DC Metropolitan housing arena.
New home prices in Alexandria Virginia base averages for condominiums, townhomes and single family homes in 2009 are as follows: New Condos average $370,000, new townhomes average $670,000 and one can expect to be in the $850,000 to over the one million dollar range for new single family homes. The least expensive condominium is approximately $200,000 by Kettler at Huntington Station. The most expensive new homes in Alexandria, VA are over two million dollars by Craftmark Homes at Oak Grove.
The Council believes purchasing certain recommended homes for sale in Alexandria in 2009 will prove to be excellent Northern Virginia housing investments.
Current pricing, locations, websites and availability are provided upon login to The Council’s Alexandria, VA New Homes Database below:
Search Results for Alexandria, Fairfax County, VA
83 Builder Communities Found in New Homes Database
For Alexandria, Fairfax County VA
- Cooper's Grove - Calvert Homes - Single Family
- Beverly Estates - Calvert Homes - Single Family
- Del Ray Area - Calvert Homes - Single Family
- The Isabella at Monticello Mews - Della Ratta, Inc. - Condos
- The Jamieson - Regent Partners - Condos
- The Condominiums at Carlyle Square - PN Hofman and Post Properties - Condos
- Fosters Crest - Stanley Martin - Townhomes
- Huntington Reserve - KB Home - Townhomes
- Prescott Condominium - Prescott Inc - Condos
- The Duke - Marquis Custom Homes - Townhomes
- Rose Hill Reserve - Stanley Martin - Single Family
- Potomac Yard - Pulte Homes - Townhomes
- Rivergate on The Potomac - Eakin Youngentob - Single Family
- Abingdon Row - Holladay Corporation - Condos
- Ashton Commons - NV Homes - Townhomes
- Avery Park - Brookfield Homes - Townhomes
- Beauregard Station - Stanley Martin - Townhomes
- Bell Manor III - Stanley Martin - Single Family
- Beverly Estates - Bo-Bud Construction - Single Family
- Burgundy Woods - Calvert Homes - Single Family
- Cameron Station - NV Homes - Townhomes
- Cameron Station - The Cambridge Company - Townhomes
- Carlyle City Residences - Eakin/Youngentob - Townhomes
- Chatham Square - Eakin/Youngentob - Townhomes
- Cityhomes The Pavilions at Huntington Metro - Centex Homes - Condos
- Cobbs Creek - Quaker Homes - Single Family
- Ellsworth Place - NV Homes - Townhomes
- Elmwood Townhomes - McShay Homes - Townhomes
- Ford's Landing - Eakin/Youngentob - Townhomes
- Fraley's Green - Bozzuto Homes - Condos
- Grove at Huntley Meadows - Beazer Homes - Single Family
- Grove at Huntley Meadows-Townhomes - Beazer Homes - Townhomes
- Groveton Woods - Lennar Homes - Condos
- Gunnell Estates of Alexandria - NV Homes - Single Family
- Halstead Tower - DSF Group - Condos
- Holly Acres - Lennar Homes - Townhomes
- Hunters Crest at Kingstowne - Craftmark Homes - Single Family
- Huntington Station - Carr Homes - Townhomes
- Inlet Cove - Ryan Homes - Single Family
- King's Cloister - The Cambridge Company - Single Family
- Kings Landing at Huntington Metro - Pulte Homes - Townhomes
- Magnolia Manor - Carr Homes - Single Family
- Maple Grove - Bo-Bud Construction - Single Family
- Mason Run - Brookfield Homes - Single Family
- Midtown Alexandria Station - Kettler - Condos
- Milway Meadows - Wakefield Homes - Single Family
- Mount Vernon Crossing - Ryan Homes - Single Family
- North Hampton at Kingstowne - Richmond American - Single Family
- Northampton at Kingstowne - Richmond American - Single Family
- NV Homes at Wilton Hill - NV Homes - Single Family
- Old Mill at Mount Vernon - Ryan Homes - Single Family
- Old Town Court - Madison Homes - Townhomes
- Old Town Village - Eakin/Youngentob - Townhomes
- Olde Mill Townhomes - McShay Homes - Townhomes
- Parkside at Alexandria - Mid-City Urban LLC - Condos
- Pointe at Park Center - Crescent Heights - Condos
- Potomac Green - Eakin/Youngentob - Townhomes
- Potomac Greens - Craftmark Homes - Townhomes
- Potomac Greens - Craftstar Homes - Townhomes
- Quaker Ridge - Carr Homes - Townhomes
- Riverside Road Homes - Bo-Bud Construction - Single Family
- Riverton - The JBG Companies - Condos
- Royal Gates Estates - K. Hovnanian Homes - Single Family
- Seminary Walk - Hyde Construction - Townhomes
- Skyview Park - Ryan Homes - Townhomes
- Skyview Park - Ryland Homes - Single Family
- Skyview Park Townhomes - Ryland Homes - Townhomes
- Sterling - Bo-Bud Construction - Single Family
- Sullivan Place - Ryan Homes - Condos
- The Estates at Wilton Hill - NV Homes - Single Family
- The Exchange at Van Dorn - Crescent Heights - Condos
- The Grove at Huntley Meadows - Centex Homes - Single Family
- The Lofts at Braddock Metro - Eakin/Youngentob - Townhomes
- The Palazzo at Park Center - Crescent Heights - Condos
- The Reserve at Holmes Run - Batal Builders - Single Family
- The Residences at Cameron Station - K. Hovnanian Homes - Condos
- The Tuscany Condominium - Bozzuto Homes - Condos
- Timber Branch Terrace - Bo-Bud Construction - Single Family
- Vernon Heights SF Homes - Centex Homes - Single Family
- Vernon Heights Townhomes - Centex Homes - Townhomes
- Windsor Knoll - Ryan Homes - Single Family
- Winstead Manor - Carr Homes - Single Family
- Woodland Crest - Carr Homes - Single Family
Some Recently Listed Resale Homes in MLS for Alexandria VAvisit these new home communities and homebuilders with your BRC guide to Northern Virginia real estate and Suburban Maryland new homes. Click here for builder registration policies.
New homes, townhomes and condo prices, floor plans, brochures, builder websites, phone #'s will remain available for 30 days after you LOGIN to activate BRC database provided your browser is cookie-enabled.
Above referenced data is believed to be reasonably accurate. Due to the dynamics of demographic data, subdivision development and price changes, data accuracy may vary within a reasonable margin of error.